Gender: Any | Type: Contract basis | City: Inside Kathmandu Valley
Sajha Dhago is a non-profit distributing company established in 2022. It provides a unique group (recovery) program for survivors of sexual and gender-based violence, natural disasters, war/conflict, and displacement. It incorporates traditional practices with current trauma-based treatment intervention which allows access to treatment and flexibility in a variety of cultural contexts for trauma survivors. The Program Director is responsible for the following responsibilities and duties.
- Program Design, Development & Delivery
- Align programmatic strategy to Nepal’s National Government strategy for trauma recovery initiative project where applicable ensuring this contributes to the achievement of strengthened government systems to support access to safe MHPSS.
- Lead high-quality program design incorporating project management standards and coordinate and execute implementation across various projects to ensure timely and high-quality delivery.
- In collaboration with other INGOs, ensure innovation, appropriate project budgeting, and efficient use of project funds.
- Ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation and facilitate timely and accurate project tracking, monitoring, and reporting.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of program documents including proactive programme and project risk management – from risk identification to risk and a implementation of effective and adequate mitigation measures.
- Partnerships Management and Advocacy
- Strengthen and build existing and new strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy and effective communication of Sajha Dhago company strategies and program framework.
- Liaise with local, provincial and federal government entities and other key stakeholders on the ground for timely approvals of general and program agreements and ensure smooth implementation of the project.
- Maintain collaborative relationships and partnerships I/NGOs, UN Agencies, Civil society, donor communities and private sector in the implementation of Sajha Dhago programs.
- Represent Sajha Dhago in relevant fora, conferences, and meetings in consultation with the National Director.
- Resource Development and communications
- Track and keep abreast of external trends and developments around Sajha Dhago Program Framework and potential funding opportunities.
- Support the implementation of Habitat Nepal’s resource development and corporate communication strategies.
- Strengthen existing and build new relationships with key donors and coordinate on donor funding with other relevant partners and alliances in Nepal in consultation with the National Director.
- Lead and co-create high quality and fundable concept notes and proposals for institutional and corporate donors and foundations with the Resource Development & Communication Team.
- Support the Resource Development and communications team in capturing project/program lessons learnt into new business development opportunities and partnership engagement.
- Work closely with Resource Development & Communication Team to maximize communication impact and outreach through generation of high-quality publications, program communication documents, and media mobilization.
- Servant Leadership and People Management
- Create and maintain a learning and sharing environment and establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties, and foster leadership at all levels to respond to challenges.
- Effectively manage talent and ensure constructive team dynamics and staff well-being. Supervise Habitat Nepal’s program staff and create a culture of feedback, especially when resolving complex problems.
- In consultation with the National Director, lead the recruitment, onboarding, performance management, and career development of program employees.
- Direct, plan, and coordinate the work of the technical and program staff including supervision and evaluation, training, and team building.
- Design and develop a capacity-building work plan for staff and partners, and provide leadership to coordinate and manage the partnership.
- Model servant leadership and motivate the staff members to effectively manage their work in line with vision and resources.
- Master’s degree in international development, Social Sciences, Project Management, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in social development, business development, executive management and/or program management planning and operations in I/NGO.
- At least three years of senior management/ leadership experience including supervising teams and managing budgets is required.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and leading a team, including strong coaching and capacity building skills in a diverse and cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project grants management and coordination, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and resolving complex donor compliance.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to tailor communications to be effective for a range of audiences and purposes.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-driven takes initiatives and actions to accomplish tasks.
- Strong computer skills, especially the MS Suite.
As per the provision of Sajha Dhago policy.
EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO [email@example.com] by July 15, 2023